Onion juice promotes hair growth and, in some cases, even reverses hair loss. You can also use onion juice to protect against dandruff and scalp infection. These wonders are due in part to its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-oxidant properties and ability to promote blood circulation. It is by virtue of this ability to promote scalp health that onion juice promotes hair growth, strong hair and reduces the incidence of thinning and hair loss in turn. Less common but noteworthy benefits of onion juice include the facts that it also fights against grey hair and prevents lice.
To prepare onion juice for hair growth, you will need:
- Onion. This is not a science so the quantity is not precise. I usually use a medium-sized onion. I heard white onions have more medicinal properties and tend to use those.
- Essential oils (Optional for promoting hair growth and counter acting the strong sulfuric odor of the onion juice)
- rosemary oil
- Juicing implements
- blender and strainer / cheesecloth or
- Scalp applicator bottle (If you do not have one, a squeezable ketchup or mayonnaise bottle will suffice)
- A shower cap
How to prepare onion juice for hair growth
- If you do not have a juicer, blend the onion (without water) until it assumes a pulp consistency. Then juice the onion pulp. Alternatively, if you have a juicer, simply process diced bits of onion. --
Content related to onion juice for hair growth
- Wash out the onion juice with all natural pH balanced homemade aloe vera shampoo. You can add any of the top note essential oils noted above to the end of the instructions.