Anti-Aging Toner & Daily Mist with Rice Water
Rice water is an anti-aging solution. This is mostly because it contains a nourishing substance called inositol that stimulates cell growth, tissue regeneration and blood flow. Consequently, rice water can also tighten pores and give the skin a glow. Due to its ability to absorb UV rays and bind with the skin’s copper, along with the fact that it contains antioxidants, rice water prevents the formation of melanin (the brown skin pigmentation) and, in turn age spots / hyper-pigmentation. In fact, it has been used for 'skin whitening' in many Asian countries. Further benefits include the fact that this rice water recipe treats acne and blemishes, clears redness and can even be used for the hair. (Also see the fermented rice water version for hair use).
To make anti-aging rice water skin toner, you will need
- Rice; 1 part. Use any organic type. The rice water will contain
antioxidants such as vitamin C and flavanoid compounds.
- Water; 3 parts. If you are using green tea, this water should be used for steeping it.
- Optional; organic green tea
- Optional; vegetable glycerin. This is a humectant that I love using on my skin and hair. Beware however, a little goes a long way. Besides, using too much, too frequently might cause breakouts.
- Optional; rose water
- A mixing bowl
- A strainer
- A storage bottle
- Cotton balls
- A spray bottle if you wish to use the rice water
as a daily mist
- A clean wash cloth or paper towel if you wish to use the rice water as part of a facial mask
How to make and apply anti-aging rice water toner
- Steep the green tea in boiling hot water
- When the green tea has cooled to room temperature, pour the plain water or green tea over the rice, stir and allow to stand for at least 30 minutes
- Strain off the rice
- Store the rice water in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. It can remain in the refrigerator for roughly one week
- Feel free to mist this un-fermented rice water over your hair as rice water provides a very effective protein hair treatment
CONTENT RELATED TO RICE WATER FOR THE FACE
- Fermented rice water for the skin and hair
- MSM sulfur for hair growth
- Onion juice for hair growth. An alternative to bottled MSM. Raw onions contain MSM sulfur and can therefore provide a good substitute for bottled MSM sulfur for hair growth
- DIY aloe shampoo for hair growth
- DIY okra shampoo for hair growth
- Rice water & green tea by Khichi Beauty. (One of the inspirations for this article) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOyFzSRRQo&spfreload=10